I like simple dessert.
I like natural taste, that is pure and substantial at the same time.
I like clear combinations, where every ingredient has the right to blossom, rather than being overthrown by stabilisators and enhancers.
Meet roasted Pumpkin with Tahin and Honey.
It is 100% natural and filling. It is
Originally inspired by Kabak Tatlisi, or, pumpkin dessert is a traditional Turkish meal made by macerating pumpkin in sugar syrup for at least 12 hours or overnight, served with tahini and roasted walnuts.
First time I tried this dessert in a very authentic Turkish cafe feeling of disappointment wouldn’t leave me.
How…how can you do that to a pumpkin?
Don´t get me wrong.. it is a beautiful dessert. Mouthwatering. Scrumptious even.
But for those of us, who are not used to refined sweetness, such level of taste can be a disaster.
After couple of years I decided to reinvent this dessert and create my own, healthier version of it.
Kabak Tatlisi for a healthy start of the day:
- 500g butternut squash or other
- 40 g liquid honey
- 20 g unsalted butter
+tahin and chopped roasted walnuts to serve
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut the squash into nice pieces, place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Cut the butter into cubes and sprinkle on top.
- Pour over the honey and roast for 20 minutes until ready and golden brown.
- Serve with tahini and extra honey, sprinkled with chopped nuts.