Saturday is the time to share another amazing recipe of a Pistachio Mousse with Strawberries.
You still wonder what is the best treat on a Saturday morning?
I have an answer to that – tender, smooth, creamy pistachio mousse with strawberry in a jar. Doesn’t it sound beautiful? It tastes even better!
I like desserts in a jar – there is something to it. Easy, simple, clean and very modern.
The greatest plus of this dessert is that its relatively easy to prepare, but the taste is incredibly complex.
Creamy, very fluffy and you can see by the texture that it will melt in your mouth from the first bite!
Strawberry filling is there to balance the sweetness and I like Balsamic for its amazing aroma and taste.
If you are as much in love with the combination of pistachio and strawberry as I am, lets start!
50 g Pistachio paste
60 g White Chocolate (I use Valrhona Iviore)
120 g whole milk
300 g hard cream
4 g gelatine (2 leaves)
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- In the sauce pan bring milk and pistachio paste almost to boil.
- Add soaked gelatine to the mixture.
- Pour the gelatine-milk-paste mixture on to the chocolate. Wait 1 minute. Mix well and blend with a blender until very smooth.
- Whip the cream. Add to the cooled chocolate mass. Fold in gently to preserve the air.
150 g strawberry puree
2 leaves gelatine
2 tbsp Aceto Balsamico (100%)
- Soak gelatine in cold water.
- In a saucepan bring the puree with Balsamic almost to boil. Let cool for few minutes.
- Add soaked gelatine. Use a blender to mix until smooth.
- Pour into the pistachio mousse jars so that strawberry filling is inside of the pistachio mousse. I used the piping bag for this.
- Put the jars in the fridge and leave them to cool for at least 4 hours. Serve as you like – crashed pistachios, fresh strawberries… I went for edible flowers as I had ones in the fridge.